Training outcomes: The students will receive instruction that will enable them to gain proficiency and/or receive exposure to the skills and competencies related to employers’ needs. Upon completion of this course and passing the Praxis exam, students will be certified as Paraprofessionals for the state of ND, as required by the ND Department of Public Instruction. Participants will receive an ND Certificate of Completion.
Certified Nursing Assistant Classes
- The Certified Nursing Assistant program consists of 51 classroom hours and 24 clinical hours.
- Participants will receive a completion certificate from North Valley Career and Technology Center. Participants will also receive certification from the Board of Nursing if they pass the certification testing.
More CNA Information: https://hdmaster.com/testing/cnatesting/ndakota/ND_CNA_Home.htm
North Dakota Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) application form: https://hdmaster.com/testing/cnatesting/ndakota/ndformpages/ndforms/1101ND.pdf
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in challenging the test.
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- The focus of the training is the knowledge needed for CDL Certification.
- Students completing the course will receive a Certificate of Training from North Valley Career and Technology Center.
- The commercial drivers’ license is issued by the Department of Transportation upon completion of the DOT administered Driving Exam.
Intro to Industry Welding
- The students will receive instruction that will enable them to gain proficiency and or receive exposure to the skills and competencies related to employers’ needs.
- Students will complete class projects utilizing industrial applications to attain the following skills:
- Oxy-acetylene cutting on mild steel plates
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding Process (Stick)
- Gas and Metal Arc Welding (Wire feed)
For more information or questions, please contact Theresa Hickman, at Theresa.Hickman@k12.nd.us
Job Shadow Program
The North Valley Job Shadow Program is a partnership among North Valley Career and Technology Center, the North Valley Extended School Program, the Red River Regional Council, Walsh County JDA, Grafton Economic Development Corporation, and area businesses. Each student attending North Valley is required to complete one 4-hour job shadow.
If your business would like to host a student for a job shadow, please complete our Partner/Site Survey at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/viewform. If you have any questions, please contact Molly Zahradka at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-352-3705.
Summer Internship Program
In Spring 2021 we kicked off the North Valley Summer Internship Program with nearly 40 students participating at numerous businesses. It’s a community effort to give students the opportunity to use the skills they’ve learned at North Valley in a work-based learning experience while filling an employment gap in our community. Thanks to our area businesses, agencies, and programs who have given their time, talents, and funding to make these opportunities available for students!
- 2023 Summer Internship Information for Employers
- 2023 Employer Interest Survey
- 2023 Summer Internship Plan & Agreement
- Sample Student Resume
- 2023 Student Interest Survey
- Prospective Summer Internship Employer List
- Career Ready Practice Rubric #1 – Responsible Employee
- Career Ready Practice Rubric #2 – Technical Skills
- Career Ready Practice Rubric #4– Communication
- Career Ready Practice Rubric #8 – Problem Solving
- Career Ready Practice Rubric #12– Teamwork
- Employer-Pay Period Reflection Form
- Student-Pay Period Reflection Form
- Employer-FINAL Summer Internship Evaluation
- Student-FINAL Summer Internship Evaluation
- Log of Internship Contacts – Supervising Teacher
High Tech Equipment
The Walsh-Pembina Technology Cooperative is made up of 12 schools: Cavalier, Drayton, Fordville-Lankin, Grafton, Manvel, Midway, Minto, N.B. Pembina, N.B. Walhalla, Park River Area, Valley-Edinburg, and North Valley CTC. The purpose for this cooperative is to rotate High Tech Equipment between member schools. This rotation enables schools to share the cost of equipment. The goal of this rotation is that teachers and students are able to use High Tech Equipment enhancing instruction in certain areas of studies. High Tech gives the opportunity for students to remain competitive in the technology workforce, by developing fundamental skills through experiential learning, with an understanding of technological principles that will guide them to future education and careers.
All equipment can be checked out with North Valley. Email email@example.com if there are repairs needed. If you have questions please contact North Valley at 701-352-3705.
W/P Tech. Coop. Information and Resources:
W/P 2023-2024 Rotation Schedule
W/P 2023-2024 Usage Report
North Valley Career and Technology offers Adult Basic Education Classes and GED Testing.
Learn MoreTo sign up for Adult Basic Education Classes to help you prepare for GED testing, or to schedule a GED exam, please contact instructor Susan Shuley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 701-352-3705.